Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Happy Days

Well hello my nearly long-lost blogging world.  Sorry I have been gone for so long. Life has been CRAZY busy and so much has happened, been happening, and will continue to happen. Ha I can barely keep track of it all!  Each day brings something new and I'm just trying to keep up!

Anyway,  I had a few thoughts today that I wanted to share. 

As I was on my way to work, I really got to thinking about people.  Yep, people.  Pretty general, I know, but it was really quite humbling.  As I merged onto the I-10 and took a look at all the cars passing by, I thought about all the people inside them.  Coming from various financial situations, employment statuses, family backgrounds, ways of being raised, personalities... the list goes on and on.  Then I thought about how sheltered I have been throughout my life.  Living in this beautiful Mesa Bubble, I have not been exposed to much. (Some of you may laugh by that statement because you know how true it is!) I have been surrounded by people with my same beliefs and faith my entire life.  I've gotten so used to the way my family and I live that I think its the norm.  Oh how mistaken I have been.  There are some crazy lives lived out there.  And I thought my family was crazy.  I'm not trying to sound prideful, but I live I pretty good life.  Pretty good is a huge understatement.  I am so blessed. 
It was such a humbling experience today, feeling and thinking about my life.  You see, I've thought a lot about my life lately and where I want to be in the future.  I am right in the mix of making some huge decisions.   I keep going back-and-forth, back-and-forth, when I know I just need to make a decision and stick with it!  Its so hard though, knowing that one choice can and will make all the difference for your future.  I know what I need to do and what I want to do. Now its just a matter of making sure those both fit into one!  I want to make the right decisions now, so that I don't make life harder on me in the future.  I'm a perfectionist, I want things done right the first time.  But I'm also very indecisive.  So in short, making decisions (especially ones that I know will be life-altering) is a very long process for me.  No matter what, I know life brings its struggles, challenges, and heartaches.  Its just a matter of doing whats right..everyday.  I know everything will fall into place as I do what I know I'm suppose to do.  How grateful I am for this knowledge and for God's plan for me.  I could not survive without it! 

Man I knew blogging about this would be a good thing for me.  I feel so much better already and I feel even more humbled and blessed!  Thank you blogspot(dot)com.  :)

And now for a fun trip down memory lane...

This is Miss Abigail Jane.  I remember this day so vividly.  Such a sweet girl.  Now she is just over 2 and a half years old.  I talked to her on the phone tonight, she said with such precision, "I miss you Joeeeyy.  I love you Joeeeyy."   I love my kids!!

3 comments:

  1. jori you are amazing! i know what decisions you are deciding you will make the right one! its between you and your heavenly father! he loves you and is proud of you as so am i.! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Jor! Sounds like we need to chat- I feel like I'm out of the loop on something. :) You are so wonderful and are a great example to me. I'll call ya <3

    ReplyDelete