Thursday, August 26, 2010

Getting back in the Groove

First week back to school? Check.
About ready to pull my hair out? Check.
Already lacking a tremendous amount of sleep? Check. Check. Check.

In such a short time my nights went from this:
(don't mind the poor quality from my photo booth)


Blissful nights, lying in bed, watching movie after movie.

to this:


Freaking out about school, books, studying, tests. Ahhh


School came and pounded on me hard.  It was a bit of a rude awakening to my summer of bliss.  (Would you call 3 summer school classes, hardly any swimming, and hardly any trips out of the AZ Summer Heat bliss though?) I sure would! I enjoyed this summer. I got things done.  I often feel I could have done so much more.. but I stayed busy.  Through the ups and downs, it was overall a great summer.

So when school came, I freeeeaaaked out.  I was so nervous, not knowing if I could handle all the pressure.   But today was a different story.  Today I felt stress-free!  I feel so motivated and excited.  Things that I have been so super stressed over for months now.. I'm finally just excited about.  I can't wait for these next few weeks.

I don't know exactly what it was that changed my attitude.


Maybe it was the 5 hour orientation today.  
Maybe it was the cloudiness and rain I saw out the window during breaks at school.  
Maybe it was the fact that John Mayer was playing in my car today.  
Maybe its because my car didn't read over 95 degrees outside..
Maybe it was because I ate a big bowl of Blueberry Mini Wheats for breakfast this morning. (High in fiber and antioxidants.. can't get much better than that!)  
Maybe it was because I got a grand total of 8 hours of sleep last night.  
Maybe it was all the C.S. Lewis quotes I read last night.


I still can't put my finger on it.  But I don't think it comes down to just one thing.  It's a combination.  It's the perception I allowed myself to have today.  I didn't feel bogged down at all today.  Things are working out.  Things are coming together.  That's what happens when you give yourself some time to adjust.  That's what happens when you trust, relax, and enjoy.

And to top it all off, I went for a great run this evening.  It was probably in the low 90's and there was such a nice breeze.  And ohhhh the Arizona sunset. So beautiful.


My challenge to you:  Take a different view on something. Anything.  Change your way of thinking.

And see what happens!  Your whole world could change.  Mine has already started to.  Today felt like a fresh start on life.  Funny how that can happen.  After being so worried and so stressed and so nervous.  I feel fine! I feel great. I feel happy.  I am happy.


I love school. ♥ 




Just one of the many treasures I found last night:

"My own eyes are not enough for me; I will see through those of others."
— C.S. Lewis

6 comments:

  1. awww...i love this! way to go girl! and good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw your blog on fb! You are cute! That is some stuff I can definitely use right now-thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jori you are such a sweet girl, I love your perspective. Things really aren't as hard as they seem at times. You are so beautiful, smart and funny. Keep up the good work! Love ya and miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jori! I love you! ...and I miss you! I'm so glad I stumbled across this on FB today. What an awesome post! So true and so inspiring. I have actually felt a little bit the same this week as I am getting settled after a big move. It's coming together and life gives us much to embrace if we allow it. Ok and funny... I was gonna text Brit and say "Read Jori's blog" its awesome. Hahah, well I guess she beat me to it!

    I am now a follower, and look forward to more of your sweetness!

    Loves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh Jori you are just so beautiful inside and out! Cant tell you how much I love you!! I love this post and I am definately going to apply this in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. my daughter is so wise, life is what we make it. and yes I will pay for your meal when we go to elcharro

    ReplyDelete